A Belt Conveyor consists of two or more pulleys, with a continuous loop of material - the conveyor belt - that rotates about them.
One or both of the pulleys are powered, moving the belt and the material on the belt forward.
The powered pulley is called the drive puller while the unpowered pulley is called the idler puller.
The belt consists of one or more layers of material. They can be made out of rubber or plastic.
Modular plastic belt conveyor or low profile conveyor has following configuration:
- Load speed 36 kg
- Belt speed 78 meter / min
- Belt width 19 mm to 305 mm
- Conveyor length 610 mm to 1800 mm
- 25 mm dia drive puller turn
- 86 mm of belt per revolution
- 12 swg roll forward speed frame